Here we will cover
- What is Solar Power Plant and how it works
- How do we choose a Solar Power Plant based on our needs
- Types of Solar Power Plants
- What is the difference between On Grid Solar Power Plant and Off Grid Solar Power Plant
- How to decide the capacity of a Solar Power Plant
- What are the products/material required for installation of Solar Power Plant.
- What quality parameter should be considered while installation of Solar Power Plant
- How much area do we required for installation of Solar Power Plant
- What maintenance is required for Solar Power Plant
- What is the average cost and is it buying a Solar Power Plant
A Solar Power Plant generates electricity from Sun.
A Solar Power Plant consist of following components.
In this case
- In simple word it is a “Without Battery System“
- Purpose is to save the electricity.
- We directly use the power generated from the solar plant we can not store the electricity in this system as we do not use the batteries.
- This system never trips, if you put load in excess to the capacity of the system it will trip and pick up the excess power required from the main grid power and will continue to working.
- If your load is less than the capacity of the system the excess electricity generated will be transferred/ sell to the power distribution company through Main Grid i.e. your electricity connection.
- When system is picking up the power from the main Grid in case of shortage of power this is called IMPORT of electricity and when system transfer/sells the excess power to the main grid this is called EXPORT of electricity.This IMPORT and EXPORT of electricity is called NET METERING. Most of states has the NET METERING POLICY. To know about your state NET METERING POLICY OR SOLAR POLICY please click here….
In this case
- In simple word this is a “With Battery System“
- Purpose is the POWER BACKUP.
- We can generate electricity and we can store the electricity using Batteries as per the power backup requirement desired by the customer.
- Electricity connection is optional, we can install this system along with power connection or without the power connection.
- In this if you put excess load excess beyond the capacity of the system, then system will trip and will stop working.
- NET METERING POLICY is applicable in case of OFF Grid solar power plant.
Capacity would be decided based on Three Factors
- Sanction load,
- Your monthly Electricity bill and the
- %age of Savings you Want.
*Rs.7/- Assumed In Case of Domestic Customer
**30 Days in all cases
***5 Units in all cases
Capacity would be decided based on two Factors
- Load of Appliance
- No. of Batteries we Required run the desired load for desired Backup hours
For Example, you Need Power Back for
a.T.V – 1 No.
b.FAN- 3 Nos.
To Know the Capacity of Solar Power Plant to run the load mentioned in the Example we need to calculate in 4 steps
1.Calculate the Load of Appliance
2.No. of Batteries required to run the desired load for desired Backup hours
3.Capacity of Solar Plant to charge those batteries
4. Capacity of the Inverter to run the load.
This kind of Solutions mainly available for the villages and remote area where electricity is not enough to charge the batteries attached to the inverters.
This system can be attached to the already installed Inverter and Batteries at homes
Minimum 300W is required to charge One 150Ah battery
List of Various product which are part of this system
2.Solar Charge Controllers
3.Solar Mounting Structure
Off Grid Solar Power Plant
Purpose – The main purpose to reduce or to stop dependency on the Generators.
AN Off Grid Solar power plant is combination of various products.
This kind of solutions mainly available for the remote area where there is less electricity or no electricity and highly dependency on Gensets for the Power need
List of Various product which are part of an Off Grid Solar Power Plant
2.Solar Inverter or Solar PCU
4.Solar Mounting Structure
To ensure the quality of Solar Power Plants, you need to ensure the quality of products being used are having IEC and MNRE certification.
We require 100 sq.ft area to install 1 kw of solar power plant.
On grid -In case of on Grid Cleaning of Solar Panels in case of on grid solar power plant
Of grid- But in case of off grid solar power plant apart from the cleaning of solar panles mainatainacne and replacement of batteries is also required
The average cost of a Solar Power Plant is based on the capacity of a Solar Power Plant
Capacity Average Cost (Per Kw)
1-2 Kw 80,000 INR
3-5 Kw 75,000 INR
6-10Kw 70,000 INR
up to 50Kw 65,000 INR
100Kw and above 60,000 INR
The above average cost is for On Grid Solar Power Plants and for Off Grid Solar Power Plant the cost of Batteries would be additional
Yes, It is worth buying a Solar power plant, please have a look.